• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video cuts off

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a video (MP4) which contains a number of short video clips. I have set the required length of these videos and they play perfectly when previewed. I have saved them to my desktop to prevent any delay in accessing them when publishing the file. However, when I publish the MP4 the videos always cut short at the end and I can not seem to work out how to publish the file so that they play all the way through. Do I need to adjust the bitrate settings? Could anyone point me in the direction of more info on this if it would help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wronlgy posted in Captivate forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. This is the right forum. When inserting videos into Captivate and then publish the Captivate file to a video, the videos are getting cut off at the end. Anyone have an update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-asked the question in the forms just to bring this back to the top btw. I hope someone has figured a work-around for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you inserting these videos into Capivate? On the timeline or as event video?

If on the timeline, be sure to pause the slide until the video is done playing (i.e. ask user to click next).

Otherwise, it can take a while for video to load if it's not from a streaming server, so if you have the video on the timeline, the timeline starts on slide enter...but the video can't load quickly enough...so it's not done playing by the time the timeline is complete.

As a quick test, if any of that seems related, extend your timeline to double the length and see if that solves the problem. It's not a solution (as your slide is now way too 'long', right?) but it may help show the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both with the same result. I've lengthened the timeline, placed the video in different locations on the time line (at the beginning, at the end, in the middle). It's not a loading issue as it's locally on the HD. This only happens when i'm rendering the project to video. The HTML 5 version works fine on our LMS.

I've re-asked the question over on this thread with a lot of great input and all the steps I've gone through to try to figure this out. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10307776#

Thanks for your in put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the issue is related to the fact that you are nesting MP4 videos INSIDE another MP4 video (when it's all published out from Captivate).  I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear that this is where things are going awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New to captivate and this frustrated me for a while. In Captivate you have to place PAUSES on at least one slide object to keep the slide from auto-advancing. Make sure to check all the PAUSE marks on your timeline and be sure they are all AFTER your video ends. This solved my issue. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources