• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Demo crashes Captivate after NDI Tools installed

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to be able to use the NDI virtual input as a different webcam for the video demo feature in Captivate.  However, after installing Newtek's NDI tools 4, trying to do a video demo crashes Captivate 2019 every time.  Uninstalling NDI tools seems to be the only work-around, unfortunately.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Newtek NDI tools but sometimes you can avoid crashes in video demo when you run Adobe Captivate in Admin mode. To do this right-click on the Captivate icon in the Start menu or desktop, navigate to More > Run as an administrator via the context menus.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. I had not included in my post that I had already tried to run the executable as an administrator.  Unfortunately, that does not work either.  The only way to get the Video Demo mode not to crash the software is to uninstall the NDI Tools.  Apparently, Captivate will not initiate that module of the software due to some conflict with a driver installed for the NDI Tools to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources