• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Demo Issues

Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filmed a video demo following the instructions on the HELP page and when I try to edit it nothing seems to work like it is shown on the help page.  So far I've tried the Mask and the Split options.

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gray_Susan

You created a video.

Are you using a video editing software to edit the video.

Captivate 2019 is a container, not a video editing software.

A Short list of Video Editor software:

Lightwork, DaVinci Resolve 16, Pitivi, OpenShot Video Editor 9 (easy to use), ShotCut, Olive, etc

Thank

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you seem not to have read the question. The Video Demo functionality of Captivate has an editor. It is not even possible to edit the video in one of the edotors you mention, because a Video Demo has its format (cpvc). You can only edit in another video editor after publishing to mp4, but that means the video is already compressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bring the video into captivate as mp4 after editing with video editor.

Thank

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT a video, it is a Video Demo project, which will be published to mp4.  I think you are still working with a very old version of Captivate, before Captivate 6 where Video Demo appeared as extra application packaged with Captivate. You can insert a Video Demo slide directly in a cptx project, in its raw format, without any compression and have the full editing possibiities of the Video Demo Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I does not use Captivate for video, I usually use a video editor that is power enough to get the job done, them bring the mp4 into Captivate. Eventually people will learn to use the right tool.

Keep in mind that Captivate is a container that is the power of program.

Develop all the object that you need, them bring the object into the container (Captivate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan, are you sure to be IN the editor? After creating the Video Demo a Preview appears. There is a button down right toswitch to the Editor. 

In the editor you have several tiny buttons at the bottom. In the default mode you'll see Trim, Pan and Zoom. You can switch to the Mouse mode as well, to edit the mouse paths. Depending on the chosen edit functionality panels can appear in the right docking station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources