• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Demo not capturing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to capture a video demo in captivate 2019. However, when I select Slides> Video Demo> then select the slide I want the video demo to be inserted after and I get a dialogue box which says he following;

Capture is disallowed since High-density was detected. Please set DpiAwareness = 1' in AdobeCaptivate.ini and restart the application.

Any ideas how I can get video demo to work correctly?

Thanks

Steve  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Everyone with a retina screen sees the same message. You cannot edit that file in place, make a copy (maybe to the desktop) and edit it there. However to paste it in the installation folder you'll need Administrator rights. Even today, when someone of the staff posted several blog posts about Video Demo, I reminded them they shouldn't ignore this annoying workflow since more and more users are on retina screens.

Watching the recording will not be a problem at all, it is just that recording has t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a retina screen. To capture you need to do what is explained in that message. It is very annoying, reason why I keep an older HD screen, not retina, to be able to record a software simulation or a video demo.

Make sure to store the origina AdobeCaptivate.ini file safely. You will have to reset the DPI Awareness to 0 after recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes that is annoying. This is installed on my work laptop so I have no choice but to use this monitor. When I try change the value in the file to 1 then 1 it says I don't have this permission. This could be an internal IT issue as they don't like you changing programs. Before I contact the help desk I want to know if any one else has seen this before.

Thanks    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry another point. Assuming I can resolve this issue will the user still be able to view the video on a Retina screen.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone with a retina screen sees the same message. You cannot edit that file in place, make a copy (maybe to the desktop) and edit it there. However to paste it in the installation folder you'll need Administrator rights. Even today, when someone of the staff posted several blog posts about Video Demo, I reminded them they shouldn't ignore this annoying workflow since more and more users are on retina screens.

Watching the recording will not be a problem at all, it is just that recording has to be done with 1 to 1 pixel setting.  I will try to see if a workaround I used in previous versions will still work (lowering the resolution and setting Display percentage to 100%) and be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an aside what if anything are Adobe doing about it as Retina screens are common place and will only become more common? If I had known about this issue ( I am newish to Captivate) I would have recommended we used a different software solution. As the work I am doing relies on system demo's the video capture and simulations are critical. Seems strange that Adobe are leaving a known issue on new releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant to put the file path in for the Installer. Do I need to just paste in the new file into   Adobe>Adobe Captivate 2019 x64>Installer

Thanks

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I have managed to change save the file and change. However, is this the correct file path to paste it into. I have tried and I do need admin access however that's really easy for me to sort out I just need to know if this is the correct folder?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on WIndows. The AdobeCaptivate.ini file needs to be in the root of the AdobeCaptivate 2019 x64 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am Windows too so is my file path correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the path for the AdobeCaptivate.ini file:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am not that computer savvy when it comes to changing the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but you asked for the path, and that is the file path.  You found the file in that location, and have to replace it in the same location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I have found the file thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources