Highlighted

Video demo quality

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if i should be setting any specific settings when recording a video demo?

When i import my video demo as a video back into my captivate project the quality is very poor and pixalated looking...? 

You can see from the image below... my graphics are crisp but the video demo is terrible...?

Pulse demo.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video demo quality

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if i should be setting any specific settings when recording a video demo?

When i import my video demo as a video back into my captivate project the quality is very poor and pixalated looking...? 

You can see from the image below... my graphics are crisp but the video demo is terrible...?

Pulse demo.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rescale the video?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 2
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to fit within the space of a laptop screen (the black frame you can see...)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason for the pixelation, especially if you rescaled without keeping the width/height ratio fixed. Optimal quality can only be obtained when you capture the video demo at exactly the size needed in Captivate. You can set the Recording options to 32-bit, but rescaling in the most probable cause of your issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 2
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that definitely helps 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0