Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video encountered an internal error in Captivate 8

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Captivate 8 and have problems inserting mp4 files.

When inserting an mp4 file, I get the following message : Video encountered internel error. The result is the same whether it's event or synchronized.

Afterwards, Captivate 8 crashes.

Please help me find a solution to this highly annoying problem !

Annie St-Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also randomly getting this error using Adobe Captivate 9.0.0.223.

I am creating short clips in OpenShot 2.3.1 and attempting to insert as .mp4. The clips are approx 5mb in size. On first attempt it worked fine and looks fantastic as a topic intro screen with text overlay. 

On subsequent attempts I am getting the video encountered an internal error message. Will reboot and see if that solves the issue and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version of Captivate 9  is not the current minor version.  I recommend you download and install the updates that will bring it up to 9.0.2.437.

When you update, make sure you follow all the suggestions in the Release Notes about deleting old Preference files etc.

Let us know afterward if the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard​, I'm aware it's not current version but I'm hamstrung by a tight IT network in the environment I'm working with. We'll be moving to 10 once we are confident there are not bugs there.

I did manage to resolve this temporarily by rebooting Captivate and a fresh export of the .mp4 from OpenShot. Will keep your suggestions in mind if I come across it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across this error and realized that it was my audio export settings in Media Encoder that was the cause of this error message. There may be other issues that cause this error, but in my case switching the audio to AAC solved the problem. I was able to place my mp4 video file in my Captivate project with no error message getting in the way.

MP4 audio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to save my MP4 video file as a FLV file.  Not sure why that made a difference but, since FLV is an Adobe type, I thought I'd try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FLV is a Flash video format.  You should really be converting this FLV to MP4 by re-encoding it with the Adobe Media Encoder.  Captivate accepts MP4 if done this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources