Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video export from Captivate comes broken

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export a Captivate file. It works perfectly as SCORM and also as Executable, but when I export the same file as video, the result is very weird. After a few seconds of correctly showing the content, the screen fades into white, the audio goes on, and the content sometimes show up behind a white overlay. Anyone ever experiences anything similar?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Bernadett  

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video (mp4) is a passive output format, no interactivity.  How did you set up the file, if you had mp4 in mind? You can never have reporting set up (SCORM). Do you still use SWF output? The exe format is Flash-based, be careful because EOL of Flash player for all browsers is soon to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thank you for your response.
I have exported the same file before in all 3 formats, and it worked. The only interactivity in it is a button which is set to continue the project even if not clicked so I don't think that should cause any issue. I also tried exporting it locally and on OneDrive as well, same result. Exe works perfectly.

(What is EOL by the way?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of Life. Soon any content which needs the use of Flash Player (like EXE, interactive pdf) will not be viewable anymore.

Without interactivity what is the sense of publishing to SCORM, or do you still use SWF output for that as well? Same problem will occur in the near future.

Which version of Captivate are you using please? Did you really ignore that SWF output will be gone, has been announced 3 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a training material that we developed long ago and just needed some correction. We use Captivate 2019 and SCORM because of our LMS system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old? There may be the real problem, linked with an upgrade which is not really functioning. Did you update the theme? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years old. I didn't update the theme, mainly corrected audio and closed caption and some caption.
Should I update the theme, and if so, how can I update it?

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years old, means with another version of Captivate. If you use now 11.5.1 lot has changed to the themes in this version. I cannot guess what is going wrong, but it may be the cause. Use the Themes menu (not the big button) to save the theme, and double-check everything. It is even possible that the 'old' theme was not set up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, didn't help, unfortunately, but  anyway, many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No crystal ball here, could be due to so many causes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources