• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video in published course does not play.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have encountered issues regarding e-learnings that include videos, for stationary computers.

The issue is that those e-learnings don't work or stops working when the video is about to start. This is for Explorer, but when the learners switch browser it works. Then it stops working in that browser too and they need to switch back or to another one and so forth.

All e-learnings and videos are produced on Mac (the videos I add is MP4 and as slide video) and the learners work on PC/Dell computers if that would be to any valuable information.

This is not sustainable to ask them to switch back and forth and neither a good learning experience. I thought an exported e-learning/SCORM (in HTML5, to an LMS) would work on any computer, regardless where they were produced.

Could anyone please help me sort this out, what the issue is?

What kind of browser should be the default browser for them to use?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually any HTML5-compatible web browser should be able to play Captivate's HTML5 output as long as the output is being delivered from a web server or LMS that has JSON enabled.

So are these e-learning modules all being served from web servers or LMSs?  If LMS, have you tested the same SCORM modules in SCORM Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I tried to publish it to SCORM cloud and it asks me to allow pop-up from the screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 15.01.18.png

Then this pops up. When I click "OK", it loads for a few seconds.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 15.04.42.png

Lastly, this happens and then the course starts.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 15.05.01.png

Not sure what to think here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to set the preferences in SCORM Cloud to load the content in the same window, which would then mean there was no popup to be allowed.  But that's not the issue the error message is talking about. 

That error is normally due to the LMS not being able to communicate with the SCORM module.

Did you set this module up properly as a SCORM zip with Quiz Reporting turned on and set to something like SCORM 1.2 or 2004?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, everything is correct regarding those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots of your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the correct settings, right?

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 09.17.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 09.17.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out that text in the e-learning initialisation field.  That's not default text and it's got a couple of punctuation characters that are often used in programming code for HTML5.  It could be causing problems.

Please show me the screen under the Configure button as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one is that? General settings? Advanced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The one under Quiz Settings > Reporting beside the Scorm Standard drop down.  It shows you the LMS Manifest configuration settings.

ConfigureLMS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources