Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video is squeezed from both sides

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've recorded a software for my E-Learning (software simulation, about 550 slides). In the Captivate preview all slides look great, but in the “HTML5 in browser” preview and after export I have problem with those slides, where I scrolled with the mouse to show something (PDF-Text for example): my video is squeezed from both sides (left and right – see image).

E-LEarning.png

Could you please tell me why this happens and what I can do to change it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Software sims in Demo mode have Full Motion Recording slides. Those slides are SWF-based. Although the SWF will be converted to mp4 when publishing to HTML5, you are not the first one to see issues with that type of slides. Personally I NEVER use software sim in demo mode, but Video Demo which doesn't have that issue. Or, if I lack time (Video Demo takes more time) I will use software sim, but stop before a FMR slide which cannot be avoided, and insert a Video Demo slide instead. After that slid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software sims in Demo mode have Full Motion Recording slides. Those slides are SWF-based. Although the SWF will be converted to mp4 when publishing to HTML5, you are not the first one to see issues with that type of slides. Personally I NEVER use software sim in demo mode, but Video Demo which doesn't have that issue. Or, if I lack time (Video Demo takes more time) I will use software sim, but stop before a FMR slide which cannot be avoided, and insert a Video Demo slide instead. After that slide I continue the normal software sim. Also cumbersome but editing is quicker in a software simulation than in a Video Demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources