• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video 'jumping' in Timeline

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with videos I've uploaded to Captivate where, when attempting to edit through Timeline, they are jumping by between 1.5 and 3+ seconds making it impossible to insert content.

I've spent weeks working with Adobe Support attempting to get this resolved and was finally told it was "because the video file was too high quality."  I asked for video specifications that would allow it work properly and was told those didn't exist.  On our own, we attempted to take all videos to their lowest specs and am still having the same issue.  Adobe is now telling me the only way to do what needs to be done is to launch the video in previewer, determine the placement of the content, return to Timeline and insert.  I tried this and it absolutely doesn't work. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, have you been able to resolve it?

I'm looking at alternatives to Captivate but am finding there's nothing out there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is not totally clear to me.

Apparently you are talking about video inserted as slide video (new term in CP2019)?  Which content do you want to insert? Did you think about distributing the video - if it is long - over multiple slides to make each part easier to manage? Or why not insert bookmarks, since you can do that with all video inserted as slide video? You don't have to make an interactive video, just use the bookmarks to navigate to a specific point in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​, Thanks for responding!  I'm self-taught in all of this so undoubtedly don't know the correct verbiage to use.  I'll attempt to clarify. 

I am inserting the video as a slide video.  I've tried using one slide, multiple slides, Event Video, Slide Video, etc.  The only one that seems to work for me in any way is Slide Video > Video on Stage > Modify slide duration to accommodate video.

When I then attempt to play the video from Timeline to, for example, add a Text Caption showing the speaker's name, title, and company, I'm unable to align that text caption with the point at which the speaker is talking because of the 'jumping.'

Does that help clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally video will be on top of the stack, putting a Text container is not a good idea.

You have to use slide video, evetually distributed over multiple slides, because event video cannot be controlled by Captivate's timeline at all.

Are you on CP2019? Why not use the functionality of interactive video? You can have the Name and other data in an overal slide at the start of the video. If you want subtitles, use the Closed Captioning feature which is available also for video.

Have a look at these interactive videos which Ipublished as examples:

Custom Play/Pause button

Edit Character with Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources