• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Playback Speed Control - Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add buttons to control the playback speed of my videos in Captivate 2019 (ie. 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.5x, and 2.0x playback speeds). I am importing pre-recorded MP4 video files onto a single slide. I found this youtube video, where this guy put in a couple of lines of javascript to accomplish this function. The buttons are set with a success action of "execute javascript":

var myVideo = $('video');

myVideo[0].playbackRate = 0.5;

The video is here:(www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSgwS7DeMKo)

I am somewhat of a beginner in Captivate and I know very very little about Javascript. I should also add that my Captivate project will eventually be uploaded to LMS.

Has anyone had success in adding some sort of video playback speed navigation for embedded videos within captivate? If anyone has used the method I have described above, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may only work with Event video, not slide video.

Also you would need to preview in a browser since it is using jQuery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources