• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Slide crashes in Chrome

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a Captivate file I have 3 video files on 3 slides in a row.

Video 1 is playing. Then Captivate switches to the next slide. It works well. On the second video slide I put interactions on the video. They also work well. When I switch to the third slide, which is actually almost identical to the second one, the display in Chrome (HTML5) crashes. The Captivate Container is still there, but it's a green box. The TOC is still displayed. But doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know the problem? It works in Firefox.

Edit: 
I have rebuilt the Slide. The crash remains.

But if I put another video in the video container, it remains stable and does not crash.

Now I have rendered the original video again in the media encoder. And yet it crashes again.

How can it be because of the video?

Edit II: 

That seems like a pretty crazy thing. What I've tried now. I once copied the respective slides into a new file. Only the third video slide, which caused problems. That worked. So it's not because of slide or video.

Then I copied all three video slides over again. The third video slide didn't work again and it crashed again.

Then I only copied 2 video slides and changed the order. No matter which slide, no matter what order. 2 video slides work in order.

Then I copied the 3 video slides again. The order changed. As soon as the third slide arrives, the CP container in Chrome crashes.

Edit III: 

Okay, I solved it.

My CP file is in 1280x720 resolution. The first videos that I integrated had a resolution of 1920x1080 px. I then scaled it down. This gave them a nice look fullscreen. With the third video, Chrome apparently had a problem with this method. If I rendered it to 1280 it was okay. It works now. Is now a bit blurry at 1920 fullscreen.

Funny that it works like this for two videos and not for the third. One of the many mysteries.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?