Highlighted

Videos are not playing once Captivate content is published

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video files are not playing after I publish the content, but works within captivate when I "Preview in Browser". And the rest of the slides (buttons, demos, quiz reporting) perform as expected after publishing.

When I publish and view the .swf output, the project will start, and slides which do not have a video file will perform as expected. Once encountering a slide with a video however, the video loading bar appears and it will continue to "load" but never play. If I continue to the next slide (quiz question), that slide works. I've tried different videos of different lengths, formats (MP4, F4V), video types (event, slide synch), on different projects, and published to different locations (on my desktop, on SharePoint). I noticed there was a patch for a similar problem for Captivate 6, but that patch does not seem to be available and I haven't seen a similar solution for Captivate 8.0 (the version I'm using). Just can't seem to figure out why the videos won't play.

Any ideas? Your insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced, Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Videos are not playing once Captivate content is published

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video files are not playing after I publish the content, but works within captivate when I "Preview in Browser". And the rest of the slides (buttons, demos, quiz reporting) perform as expected after publishing.

When I publish and view the .swf output, the project will start, and slides which do not have a video file will perform as expected. Once encountering a slide with a video however, the video loading bar appears and it will continue to "load" but never play. If I continue to the next slide (quiz question), that slide works. I've tried different videos of different lengths, formats (MP4, F4V), video types (event, slide synch), on different projects, and published to different locations (on my desktop, on SharePoint). I noticed there was a patch for a similar problem for Captivate 6, but that patch does not seem to be available and I haven't seen a similar solution for Captivate 8.0 (the version I'm using). Just can't seem to figure out why the videos won't play.

Any ideas? Your insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced, Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2018 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are only testing this output locally on your PC, upload your project to a web server or LMS and test from there. 

Your issue could be due to browser security settings interferring with the link to the video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0