• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vidoes in captivate not showing up

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing a course and added videos. They were working fine then all of a sudden they went blank and are no longer visible after publishing. Did Adobe change something in an update that might have caused this? I saved the videos in media encoder as a H264 so it was HTML5 compatable. I then imported them in through Media, saved it a Event Video, with a Progressive download, Does anyone know how to resolve this issue so that I can get the videos back? Please help.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the videos in the vr subfolder of the published folder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both the ones in the vr folder are not the same name as the ones in the publishing folder its like when it gets published the name gets changed. I tried clearing out my cache to and that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did discover something doing a test. Importing the video which is (a full size screen within the user interface) through media the video didn't show up at all. Importing it as a interactive video it did, but if you place any object on that slide either above or below the layer on the same slide on top of the video it will not show up. If you don't place anything on top of it or make the video smaller it will work. I had objects on top before and there wasn't an issue. I don't need to use it as an interactive video, I just need the video that plays and still be able to place objects on top of it when I need it. Anybody know what changed? This is really going to be a huge problem if you can't place any objects onto a slide with a video and it can only be an interactive video. Is there something missing? Does anyone else have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each slide video will show up as 'Interqctive video' because it will have the two extra layers which you do not need to use.  I find it confusing, and have logged a bug report, without any response. Did you insert the video as slide video using the Media button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes I did. I found the issue its with the web object that was on another slide that I was using as rest of project that was causing the videos to be hidden. I had to do a work around to get it to work. With the web object sitting on top its really causing a lot of problems in a course that I've never had to deal with before. I'm hoping Adobe will come up with a solution for that it will solve a lot of problems and not have to do a lot work arounds to get other slides to show up when you use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources