Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vimeo No Full Screen Option (IE Only)

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I currently have an issue where my Vimeo videos do not run the full screen option in Internet explorer. (Note only IE is affected, Edge, Mozilla and Chrome are fine).

I have them embedded into a web object using the appropriate embed code, using both the following options.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/***" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/***" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

I have also modified the CPM.js and the index file to add the function to the index file as discussed in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2109867

Has anyone had any luck getting the full screen option to run in IE through a web object.

Note: Embedding in a separate webpage and then importing that page in is not an option as the client will not have the expertise to do it post-delivery.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you confirm the version of IE you are using and if you tested it in Compatibility View?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tries with Compatibility View in IE, however still no result.

I am testing in V11.407

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wished we could convince all users to get away from IE. Even MS is pushing Edge in favor of IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really suggest you dump IE11 - just like windows 7 its a dino. You answered your own question, Edge, Chrome and Mozilla are good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David, unfortunately its the client, not me, that has the requirement to support IE.

They are a large organisation and are still running support for IE and until that ends, we have to support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources