Highlighted

Vimeo video does not play in IE

New Here ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a video-based course. I have inserted a Vimeo video in the project using web object and embed code. The issue is that the video plays fine in Chrome browser but not in explorer/firefox. I tried adding trusted location for flash player, updating the flash player etc. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Vimeo video does not play in IE

New Here ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a video-based course. I have inserted a Vimeo video in the project using web object and embed code. The issue is that the video plays fine in Chrome browser but not in explorer/firefox. I tried adding trusted location for flash player, updating the flash player etc. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are testing this output by playing it locally from your hard drive, upload your published output to a web server and test it from there.  You'll probably find that it all works fine.

Chrome tends to be more forgiving than IE or other browsers when it comes to playing content locally.  But using a web server is the best bet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Manali LATEST
New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I tried uploading the captivate output on Sharepoint and the videos still don't play.  Any idea why that might be happening? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group