Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Reality project for Oculus Go

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to publish and access a Captivate VR course on an Oculus Go. I'm just testing it right now, but it is basically a 360 video with a hotspot on top.

I'm uploading it to SCORM Cloud for testing... when I fire-up the course in the Oculus, I can get it to start, and I can "enter VR" but after that everything just goes black (and eventually it loads an icon with 4 squares).

Can I access Captivate VR content on an Oculus Go and have it work, or is this platform unsupported?

Any help is super-appreciated!

-Mike

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS , Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know someone who did access Captivate content with an Oculus, but cannot reach him at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lily! I f you have contacted this person I would love to know what he did to make it work on Oculus. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to contact Joe Ganci…  you could find him in this portal as well or on LinkedIn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! There's no tutorial for this yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't have goggles or I would perhaps have created a tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the video file? It might be that everything is working fine but the video isn't optimized for delivery over the internet.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done but does require the installation and setup of a local web server (ksweb) on the Oculus headset.  Below are the essential steps we took:

1.  Published VR project as web content on the PC.

2.  Transferred the web content from PC to a newly created directory on the Oculus headset.  Make sure all output content and subdirectories are copied over. 

3.  Install ksweb as a local web server app on the Oculus headset and configure root site as your newly created directory with Captivate content.

4.  Type the appropriate URL for your localhost site in the Oculus Browser which includes the port number 8080 in the URL.

5.  Enjoy watching your VR project on an Oculus Go with hot spots and assessment layers present and functioning.

* We are early in our iterative testing, but at this point, we feel we can do true end to end testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this! I hope you'll continue to give feedback on your testing results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same struggles. How did you install ksweb onto your Oculus Go? It's not in the Oculus store, and I don't really see any resources online explaining how.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a training developer, this would be a ground breaking product if it weren't so limited on actually viewing your published VR content on headset.  Many of our clients are asking us to us Unity instead of Adobe due to the limitations of publishing the Adobe VR content on only 2 recommended devices, both of which require the purchase of additional Smartphones.  Adobe should provide greater support for the viewing of published VR projects with an actual tutorial showing someone transferring the files to a headset.  Many of us can not publish proprietary  content to 3rd Party web servers which makes the need for a Headset that can operate using just the published files all the more important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be wrong, but if you hit the INDEX.HTML file as a local file on a local drive you dont need a web server. The oculus works just like a pc. Now web server needed if your file structure is correct (all files local.)

md

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone verified if this is true? I would like to have my VR experience downloaded onto the Oculus Go as my company's internet is very slow. Would I need an app to view the project if I was able to save all the files directly to the headset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just side loaded a VR project to an Oculus Quest.  I followed the instructions as per some other post and the local server worked fine.  Only problem is all you get is the 360 with hot spots just like previewing on your PC.  Try to switch to VR mode and it craps out.  I gave up on captivate for true VR.  Tried another piece of software and got some amazing results in a very short time.  True  immersive with hotspots, info cards, true/false, MC.  Come on Adobe step it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other software? I just discovered this after my first attempt with captivate and I got really disappointed. What software can you use that actually works on Oculus Go?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ceneraio VR works quite well.  I created a virtual tour with interaction in a very short time.  Loads directly from web browser witihn the headset.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources