• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visual glitching on rollovers

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a play and a pause button set up with states and advanced actions (to toggle between play and pause). By default both buttons are at 75% opacity. On rollover it changes to 100% opacity, and on click it turns a different color (also at 100% opacity). But when I preview in HTML5 (at least in Microsoft Edge), I sporadically get a flashing white box during the state changes. The buttons used are SVGs with a transparent background. Any ideas?

glitch.gif

I also tested this in the Mac version of Captivate and previewing in Firefox. In that case I don't get the flashing white box artifact, but the button does tend to disappear for a split second when transitioning between normal and hover states.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

I would be blaming the SVGs.  I've not so far found that they're worth the trouble and prefer PNGs.  Have you experimented with using PNGs to see if this issue disappears with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be blaming the SVGs.  I've not so far found that they're worth the trouble and prefer PNGs.  Have you experimented with using PNGs to see if this issue disappears with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the SVGs to PNGs as you suggested and now the visual glitching is gone. Happy to have a solution, unhappy that Captivate's SVG support is...not very supportive.

Thanks for your help!

Also, do you know you can't replace an SVG with a PNG via a button/menu? At least I haven't been able to find a way. It appears I'll have to delete each SVG entirely, bring in the PNG equivalent, and reprogram all the button functionality/states. This will be a lot of extra work that shouldn't be.

(Perhaps one of you who rubs elbows with the Captivate development team can suggest they improve the SVG handling?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Did you try other browsers? Did you test after publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources