• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice Overs

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best Windows app to use with Captivate 2017 for doing voice over recordings? I want to make sure they are clear and that I don't have any issues with uploading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Audtion, but the quality depends as much on the used hardware and the environment: noise, microphon are very important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need something that's free. I need this for work, but can't purchase anything. (I should have added that.) Our old computers used to have a sound recorder on it automatically, but our laptops now do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for Audacity, it is free. But without a good microphon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I second that.

Audacity is free and easy to use. The best result will depend on the room you use and the microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support the votes for Audacity. Be aware that you'll also have to download and install the LAME package in order to export as mp3. It's easy, but another step.

And, yes, the microphone and environment are the most important aspects. If you don't have a good mic, it might be worth while to rent one for a day or two.

Audacity has pretty good noise reduction and frequency filters, but without a nice quiet room without reverb, you'll never get a good recording. More tips are beyond the scope of this forum - check out How to Soundproof a Room for Voice Recording | Blog | TechSmith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all. Now to look for a cheaper microphone I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources