Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR background image

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, nice to meet all those 2019ers.

I have a question that may well be the dumbest question ever posted but here goes.

I am looking to create a VR course but I do not wish to use any of the background images that come with captivate, I wish to manufacture my own graphic which seems to be some peculiar version of "jpg".

I may take an existing 360 jpg and edit it or if possible I would like to create my own jpg with text and images that will form part of the design of the course. I will then place the various assets on the screen at the appropriate place.

I am unable to work out so far whether this is a Captivate 2019 related issue or whether it is a 360 graphic issue. Is there software designed for the making of such images etc.

I am continuing to investigate but if anyone can help with information or links I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I do misunderstand your question, but Captivate doesn't provide 360 image backgrounds, there is only one sample project.  I insert such an image, made with a Theta V camera on a 360slide and you'll be able to move with the mouse or by using a VR device. You can add hotspots which can show text, questions, images or have audio playing.  There is a whole bunch of icons in Captivate for that purpose (SVG's). You can also use a custom image as hotspot.

To edit the 360 image you need another application. It is possible in Photoshop, but I guess there are other apps as wlle. Have a look at this tutorial about editing such an image i PS:

How To Edit 360 Photos in Photoshop in 6 Easy Steps | Digital Trends

You cannot add 'assets' to it in Captivate, only hotspots that will show assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I don't use Photoshop at all but I will certainly investigate.

When I start a new VR project I get the option to load one of about 8 images from swimming pool, living room and a few others.

I am then able to add the items you describe.

I am looking to create a jpg rather than use a standard photograph. I am sure it must be possible as I should be able simply to edit the photograph.

I will invetigate photoshop.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I have an older version, I don't see those background you described, just get a blank slide to which I insert a 360 jpeg. I don't create them, take them with a 360 camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-09-04_19-52-50.jpg

2018-09-04_19-54-20.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article might help you. https://dmswart.com/2016/06/28/drawing-a-panorama/

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link Paul. It looks great, I shall read it a few times and go from there.

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources