Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR Project in HTC Vive

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe-Community,

I've created a VR project and would love to use it in HTC Vive. Does anybody know how to accomplish that?

Best regards,
Felix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Hi Lieve/Robert,

Going forward, the support for newer and additional devices might be there. As of now there are only 2 devices which are certified with Captivate 2019.

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felix,

Can you please confirm if you are using HTC Vive (virtual reality system) or HTC Vive Pro VR Headset.

The Recommended VR devices for content playback generated using Captivate 2019 are:

- Google Day dream

- Samsung Gear VR (2017)

Recommended OS & Browser compatibility:

iOS 11 & later running Safari 11.1 & later.

Android 6.0 & later running Google Chrome 67 & later

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaleen, glad you popped in. This same question was already posted a couple of times, and I also aked about Vive system, but never got any answer. Vive is a higher level, especially the headset, than the ones you are mentioning. Several users also complained about the very popular Oculus Pro not being supported neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaleen,

I'm using an HTC Vive, i.e. the earlier version. Thank you for providing the recommended devices, but it is possible to use the HTC Vive anyway?

Best regards,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer again from staff. Could you try? Upload the published VR project to a webserver and try to connect to the URL.

Or from within Captivate use the functionality to show on devices using the QR code. Vive needs to be connected to same network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve/Robert,

Going forward, the support for newer and additional devices might be there. As of now there are only 2 devices which are certified with Captivate 2019.

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I've implemented my VR project in a Moodle course and tried to open it in both Firefox and Supermedium using HTC Vive. While Supermedium was not able to load the page, I could hear sound when using Firefox. However, no visuals or hotspots.

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Best regards,

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No more ideas. The team provided an answer. It looks like at this moment only two goggles are supported. Although there is an article from a staff member about DayDream Goggles which are not mentioned by Shaleen. I will search for the link and post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources