• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR with Samsung Gear VR?? How

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website, user info, forums, etc... all say Captivate 2019 works best with the Samsung Gear VR to view content but nowhere does it actually say how to do this?? I have tried publish to VR Device, QR code scanner, custom project settings, uploaded to web server to get url, etc... and nothing allows it to open from my Gear VR. I can view it on my desktop, laptop, or Samsung S8 all day long in "mock" VR with just a flat 360 move the phone or mouse around but nothing has allowed me to connect it to my Gear VR and view inside the actual device.

How do you do this?? Once you publish the VR content there is a launch to VR viewer but in the settings tab it notes Cardboard viewers (which is not a daydream or gear VR?) It also says "Insert into your cardboard viewer" again not the right device. This is tech that can change the game and using a program I am already familiar with for creating content would be a huge asset but only if it works. PLEASE HELP community!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some self diag. I have found the solution (keep in mind this solution is nowhere to be found on Adobe website, instructions, etc... maybe they should add it) When you publish VR content for "VR Viewer" from Captivate and load it to a web server space the url created has to be opened in the HOME INTERNET browser from gear vr home screen. Any other browser will not open the content correctly. Also when Captivate VR videos are viewed on a phone with a screen larger than 6 inches the split screen will not be compatible with any cardboard or generic video (split screen image does not line up correctly to form a single image). Native Captivate split-screen images or video only work with phones smaller than 6 inches to be viewed from anything other than a gear vr.

One odd problem has now shown up however. Any 360 video I place into Captivate loads off center? You can place a ball at the center or the spherical image and captivate sees that as 90 degrees to your left. Which means Captivate sees the right quadrant as the "center" for the video/image when it first loads. Have not found a fix to this inside of the software other than creating content which is centered in the left quadrant. How has this stuff made it past testing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources