Highlighted

Web Object displays correctly, but can't click page buttons or scroll

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using the latest versión of Captivate (Mac) and I noticed something strange while viewing the published course in a local server (MAMP). In a project I'm working right now, I need to display certain information which exceeds the height of my slide (1080px), so my approach was to make a HMTL with all the information in it and place it inside Captivate as a Web object.

My idea worked perfectly since the page was displayed, the only problem is that it doesn't scroll up nor down (and while using Captivate page as an example, I also noticed that the links can't be clicked either)

Tried attaching a .cptx as a way to provide the source file but it seems it's not supported

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Web Object displays correctly, but can't click page buttons or scroll

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using the latest versión of Captivate (Mac) and I noticed something strange while viewing the published course in a local server (MAMP). In a project I'm working right now, I need to display certain information which exceeds the height of my slide (1080px), so my approach was to make a HMTL with all the information in it and place it inside Captivate as a Web object.

My idea worked perfectly since the page was displayed, the only problem is that it doesn't scroll up nor down (and while using Captivate page as an example, I also noticed that the links can't be clicked either)

Tried attaching a .cptx as a way to provide the source file but it seems it's not supported

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where it is on a MAC, but find the Captivate installation folder, edit the AdobeCaptivate.ini

Change UseWidget7 = 0, to 1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tip.

Actually, that was something I previously encountered while googling for another issue I had before. As far I know UseWidget7 prevents Captivate from placing the web Object above everything, so buttons (and other layers) can be pressed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0