• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

weird portrait video issue in Captivate 2019 and fix

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My SME recorded a video for me in portrait mode. The dimensions are 1080x1920. CP imports it sideways so that it's 1920x1080. If I change the height to 720 the width will be 1280 (logicly) it still appears sideways on the filmstrip filmstrip viewfilmstrip view

When I preview it in HTML5 in browser it appears upright in portrait, scaled to 405x720 which is actually how I need it.

image.png

I had to do the math to get the blue smartshape background the right size but it worked. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it a bug or is it a browser thing? Since it plays the way I want it responses arn't urgent but if there is a way to make it look the same in the filmstrip as in the browser I would love to know for future reference.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the exact version number under Help, About Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 11.5.1.499. I believe that's the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources