• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What can Captivate 9 do with Prescriptive Testing

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject implies, I need to know what capabilities Captivate has in the area of prescriptive testing.

My organization is HOT for the idea of learners being able to take a pre-test and then, based on the test results, route learners just to the course content they need.  Example, a 10-question test covering five objectives, if the learner demonstrates proficiency on objectives 1,2, and 5 during the pre-test they'd only have to go to the content for objective 3 and 4.

The Multi-SCORM packager would seem to be the tool for this, but I'm not having much luck finding specific info on it's functionality.

Thanks in advance for the help on this one.

v/r

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want several modules? Will you use a LMS?  A lot can be done with advanced actions and variables, even the built-in pretest slides have already a conditional action that you can edit to branch in the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

The plan would be to do the prescriptive testing in a mutli-SCO course and to launch the courses and record the results on an LMS.

I'm currently using advanced actions and variables to accomplish "all or nothing" test-out as well as the prescriptive learning I'm asking about.  The problem is that, at the moment, I only know how to do this in a single-SCO.  I, personally, don't think this is a problem....but there is concern about the load-time for our larger courses so there is a school-of-thought that we need to make multi-SCO courses to speed things up.  I'm hoping to figure out how to solve the problem within Captivate, because I'm concerned about the other options my organization is contemplating.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a template that I can review for prescriptive learning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get an answer for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources