• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does "www.adobe.com refused to connect" mean?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch a course from our LMS (Infor) in Chrome, I get a gray page and the error of  www.adobe.com refused to connect. I do not get this error when launching in IE.

Can anyone explain what this error is telling me? What is going wrong in Chrome? What are the steps to fix it? I can't have the solution always be "just do it in IE".

The course has been published in HTML, it passes the HTML tracker. So why won't it open in Chrome?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

If you are still using Dual Output (SWF/HTML5) you need to remember that buried inside the code of the default HTML template pages in Captivate there are links to the Adobe website where you would be sent to download the Flash Player if the content detected you did not have Flash Player in your web browser.

Now that Flash is dead and browser suppliers have turned off Flash support this code would be trying to reach the Adobe website link to download Flash.  I haven't checked this but I strongl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reach out to CaptivateHelp@Adobe.com and see if they can work with you to solve the problem.  

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Experiencing the same issue using Success Factors LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this HTML5 content, SWF content, or dual output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having a similar issue.  Content is published to dual output.  Any ideas?  Content does not seem to default to HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With dual output it will default to SWF output when you use a desktop or a laptop. You don't want that anymore, re-publish only to HTML5. Tammy Moore somewhere posted a workaround by replacing the present dual launch file by an edited index.html file. Maybe you can try to find it? Sorry but I just was ready to leave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still using Dual Output (SWF/HTML5) you need to remember that buried inside the code of the default HTML template pages in Captivate there are links to the Adobe website where you would be sent to download the Flash Player if the content detected you did not have Flash Player in your web browser.

Now that Flash is dead and browser suppliers have turned off Flash support this code would be trying to reach the Adobe website link to download Flash.  I haven't checked this but I strongly suspect Adobe no longer allows Flash Player to be downloaded anymore.

So the messages you are all seeing at the moment are just yet another symptom of the death of Flash.  You need to either republish ONLY to HTML5 or use that Redirect hack Lilybiri mentioned where you replace the multiscreen.html page with one that simply redirects to the HTML5 output by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Republishing the files in HTML5 only has resolved issue. 

This workaround has been confirmed by Adobe as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then what was the whole point behind publishing to SWF and HTML5 if the browswer can't adapt now. This appears to be a lapse in coding.
I've misplaced the Cp source files and can't republish. Can the SCORM package files be changed somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't HTML5 disable some of the captivate file's functionality? 

If so, is there someway to delete the file that is directing the LMS to flash player - without corrupting the file?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 doesn't really disable Flash functionality, it replaces it.  If you have both Flash SWF and HTML5 in your published output, then what you really want is for the file that redirects to one or the other output to ONLY direct to HTML5.  As mentioned in the thread posts above, just deleting the file doesn't necessarily solve your problem if the LMS is pointing at that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea what is the "file that redirects" and how to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have previously published to both SWF and HTML5, and that is the SCORM package that you uploaded to your LMS, then the file you would need to edit is called multiscreen.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I would need to add something like "PC" to this list?
var lDevicesUserAgents = ["blackberry","android","iphone","ipad","symbian","smartphone","ios","windows ce","webos"];

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Adobe fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources