Highlighted

What is the path to use when I install the assets for Captivate 2019?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the path to use when I install the assets for Captivate 2019? In other words, where should I create a folder for the assets when I un-zip the file I downloaded?

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Are you talking about the basic package eLearning Assets? It will be installed in Public Documents (for a Win system) under the folder Adobe. Everything will be available to all users that way. Here is a screenshot (I have 9,10 and 11 installed):

ElearningAssets.png

Characters and Learning Interactions have a separate folder. The other assets are allunder 11_0: SampleProjects, ThreeDHotspotIcons and Tutorials. Eventually also devices (later).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the path to use when I install the assets for Captivate 2019?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the path to use when I install the assets for Captivate 2019? In other words, where should I create a folder for the assets when I un-zip the file I downloaded?

Thanks.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Are you talking about the basic package eLearning Assets? It will be installed in Public Documents (for a Win system) under the folder Adobe. Everything will be available to all users that way. Here is a screenshot (I have 9,10 and 11 installed):

ElearningAssets.png

Characters and Learning Interactions have a separate folder. The other assets are allunder 11_0: SampleProjects, ThreeDHotspotIcons and Tutorials. Eventually also devices (later).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as before. Use the default path that the installer wants to create. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ElearningAssets.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Lilybiri. I saved the zip file to my desktop, so this created an issue with installing. Your help is appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group