Highlighted

What is the path to use when I install the voices for Captivate 2019?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the path to use when I install the voices for Captivate 2019? In other words, where should I create a folder for the voices when I un-zip the file I downloaded?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the path to use when I install the voices for Captivate 2019?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the path to use when I install the voices for Captivate 2019? In other words, where should I create a folder for the voices when I un-zip the file I downloaded?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the default path that the installer wants to create. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, when I downloaded the zip file, it was saved to my desktop. So when I opened it, it suggested installing the files on my desktop. I don't think that's a good idea. I guess I shouldn't have saved the zip file; just should have run it instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install them in Program Files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download them to my download ffolder, and then when I execute the install file, I select the Local Disk (C:)

Neo Voice Install Location.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That C:\users\public folder is not typically where the Captivate TTS voices get installed.

On a Windows system they would normally be installed here:

voices.png

As Paul suggested above, you don't normally need to specify a different location than the default that the installer chooses.  What sometimes causes confusion is that Adobe has a two-step installation procedure that means step 1 (unpacking the install files) will ask you for a location because that part of the process is optional.  But step 2, which actually installs the apps on your system, should usually be left to do whatever it wants.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company pushed the Adobe Captivate Voices Neospeech Voices v8 to my laptop.  The Adobe Captivate Voices 8 x64 file is in my Program Files along with the Adobe folder.  However, I still receive the same message, "You have not installed NeoSpeech voices. 

How do I get it to recognize the files?

Adobe Image.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Adobe Captivate are you using?  Is it version 8 or something more recent?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0