• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What size do you think I should keep each video file?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long does Captivate support video length or size ? I have 40 minutes video ,this is too long for publish?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about an inserted video or the size of a cptx file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cpvc slide inside cptx file,screen recording,is 40 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Poor learners, if they have to watch that.

I just published a 5 minutes video, also created from a cpvc-file (Editing Characters with Photoshop), but I converted it into an interactive video. That would make the experience for your long videos a lot more engaging as well. If you look at my example (there is another one somewhere about custom Play/Pause button) you'll see that inserting a navigation menu, and some overlay slides (I didn't use KC slides in this one)  not only offers more control to the user but also allows to give in-depth information, and maybe to take out long boring sequences of the video.

Have a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/03/editing-characters-part-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a user perspective, why are you showing a 40 minute video inside a Captivate file? Are you using the interactivity features so that the learners are being asked questions and for evaluation? If not, then why not separately post the video from the instructional content you're doing in Captivate? 

I've done both. I have longer videos that I make required in the LMS and prerequisites to Captivate content. I've also inserted videos (usually under 7 minutes for my purposes) into Captivate and then had interactivity with them so I can ensure engagement and understanding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

This is for screens used by corporate companies, about how to use this screen and how to screen works. One piece of video file and it has many pop up texts about for example  "what does the button do"  and pop up text is explain.Do you have a solution ? Because my problem is publish, this does not open when this file is published.Published file size is 1 kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources