• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I do the preview to HTML i do not see what i have in CP... way?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
I have imported some pages from a PTT ( as all my old things are in PTT i canoot start all fro zero...) and i am still struggle with this...
so after 2 weeks of beening awy from CP, im trying again 🙂

love to understend what im doing worong  - as i importend some pages from PTT, added bottens in CP (as the borttens from PTT will not work here...) 

and still when i privew, it dose not work well...
see atthed file 🙂

Thank you SO much for your suport!
Tom

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert screenshots. You may also post in your native language, because it is difficult to understand your question. We have  a translate functionality, maybe easier to understand exactly what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attched a file to my question...

see here the screenshots:

Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not download attachments for security reasons.

No idea why the Lens is nto showing, what is the format of that image? I do not see it at all in the Timeline???? Probably because it is a PPT imported slide (bad practice) and that is a movie slide, maybe that image appears later in the PPT? Please do not use PPT import if you want full control. 

As for that button: I suspect you do have some issues with the timeline. It is very difficult and blurry, but I see an effect applied to that button (effect timeline is not visible, only the triangle). It takes a certain time, but the button has a pausing point at 1.5 secs, maybe that is not enough for the duration of the effect. Read this blog post please:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily

the lens is in the original PTT page

the lens has no motions in the PTT and the image was import with the ppt page - that is way it has no separate line in the timeline...

I will check if the pausing point at 1.5 secs,  is not enough for the the button 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only motions are important, but maybe you had set it to appear later on a click, that could have cause the problem.  Why not recreate this slide (you can keep others) in Captivate? You only need the image, which you can extract from the PPT file when unzipping it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly
The only reason I purchased CP is the promise of easy conversion of PowerPoint presentations to elearning format
At this point it look like I have to build every presentation from scratch which is very frustrating
The image of the lens it is simply a image in the presentation it dose not appear later on a click...
That's why it's frustrating

Thanks
I will continue to try and find my way to work in the system
And hope not to despair 🙂

Have a lovely day
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that... I am not at all a fan of the PPT conversion in Captivate, maybe because I don't believe a PPT is a good eLearning start, and I want to create good eLearning courses. Something in the image format must not be compatible with CP or has not been converted properly. Lens looks like a bitmap image with an alpha channel, is it a PNG32?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realy do not know

But i will save them as images and import them to Cp

Thanks 🙂

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources