• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I publish it holds onto a title that I used in the past and this same title comes back every time I publish

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to publish a program it always has the same title in the title line. I override it so the right project name is saved and then it just comes back.  How do I get rid of this and make is so the program publishes the name of the file being worked on?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

If you're referring to the Title that you enter in the Publish dialog not being saved for next publish, this has been a known issue at times with Captivate versions.

The workaround fix is to us Save As and save your CPTX project to a different folder somewhere on your PC, then edit the Title and republish (I usually also select a different folder as the publish location).  Then use Save As again to save the CPTX back in to the original folder overwriting the original CPTX.  Then republish again s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you put that 'title'? In the Project Info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the Title that you enter in the Publish dialog not being saved for next publish, this has been a known issue at times with Captivate versions.

The workaround fix is to us Save As and save your CPTX project to a different folder somewhere on your PC, then edit the Title and republish (I usually also select a different folder as the publish location).  Then use Save As again to save the CPTX back in to the original folder overwriting the original CPTX.  Then republish again selecting the publish folder of your choice.

Don't ask me WHY this works.  I found it out by accident several years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod.

I'm unable to get your fix to work. I'm using Captivate 9 and the error persists. I've tried saving to multiple folders and then publishing to the original, then going back, re-saving and nothing changes. One user mentioned that when using a template as source file, immediately save and publish with the desired name.

This is stupidly frustrating.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a CPTX or CPTL file?

Did you make sure to follow the instructions to change not just the name of the file, folder location, but also publish name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you're on the topic of file names, I would like published .MP4s to have no title displayed when the play. How can I hide the file name on playback of an MP4 video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources