I tried CC for a month and realised I don't need (and cannot afford it) so I cancelled my subs but Adobe on my Mac has decided I am still in CC when I try to open CS6
So how do I get CS6 to open again?
I have uninstalled the CC version, removed CS6 from the dock and replaced it with a new alias.
What else can I do?
Thx for any help
I have moved your question to the forum Installation/Licensing and hope you will receive help there. If not please let us know and we will research another area that can hopefully be of help.
So long as I can get some help soon (don't think many users will be bothered with an installation/licensing forum). This is holding up some really urgent stuff.
So I try clicking on the Subscription Manager link in the message box which tells me to renew my Illustrator CC licence and I get a message in Russian. Here is part of it:
Наступний платіж заплановано на 22 березня 2019 р.
What is going on? Am I caught up in some international scam? I thought it was just an Adobe one, trying to make me use Illustrator CC.
I am not happy
Thx for all the replies LOL.
I spent a lot of time over the weekend finding the solution to this problem, but I'll only relate the most useful steps - and the solution. Since no-one else could help me, this post is for any Adobe software user who had the same problem.
1. I restarted my Mac in "Safe" mode and I got a different message from the Russian dialog box. The new message box said my Illustrator was suffering from "Error 16" which enabled me to do another search in Discussions and Adobe help. I found that Error 16 has been around since 2014, probably since the dawn of CC.
2. The solution is simple. Reinstall Illustrator CC, open it then sign out. I had uninstalled CC earlier and this did not solve the problem, so I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall it. Illustrator CS6 now works! I checked it again by restarting my Mac and CS6 was still working.
3. There may be other reasons for Error 16 so here are a few urls on the subject. Some of the discussion threads are quite amusing:
*** https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1584746 *** - How do I prevent Creative Cloud from taking over my CS6 perpetual license?
The last url had the solution at post 37. So thx very much poster 08389sdfsgaerghaer
4. Some users may need to reinstall their CS6 software. I could not get these instructions to work, apparently because there is an incompatible compression scheme for one file in CoreServices:
(I am using High Sierra) so I started up my Mac in Mavericks OS and installed from there.
5. System requirements for CS6
Where to download CS6