Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When publishing to html skin buttons disappear

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created a file in CP 2019, as long as I did'nt publish it, the preview rendered the skin as set up. But as soon as I publish (to html) most of the skin buttons disappear and I can not get them back in the editor. 

cap-skin1.JPG

I have set up my e-learning to use the play, and Back and Forward Buttons, and these are exactly the ones missing.

I tried using another skin, I even tried to copy all my slides to a new project, its the same. 

What am I doing wrong? How can I get the needed buttons into the skin?

Help Please.

THX

A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019
Branch aware turns off all navigation buttons by default, also navigation in TOC. You need to take full control of the navigation with custom navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of project did you create? Is it a reponsive or a non-responsive project? Which version do you use? Youfind the full version number under Help, About Captivate. I see that most buttons are dimmed,, which is worrying. Do you have Pretest slides or did you turn on Branch aware in Quiz Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a non-responsive project, the version is 11.5.1.499, there are no pretest slides but yes the quiz is branch aware (i'm branchin because of multiple languages). thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branch aware turns off all navigation buttons by default, also navigation in TOC. You need to take full control of the navigation with custom navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lily for your answer. At least now I know why, it would be helpfull if there was a warning next to the branching option. Well now I guess I can start to create a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You are correct, a warning would be user friendly, not only for this situations. I see many other examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources