Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which of these is the faster approach for Knowledge Check slide submission

Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have knowledge checks throughout a course I am building, with the following requirements:

1. Incorrect answers show feedback

2. Correct answers show feedback

3. User cannot move forward until the question has been answered (whether correctly or incorrectly)

4. The course does not use the player navigate - the next and back buttons are built into the UI

Finally, the speed of development is the highest priority at this point in the project.

The fastest approach, in my mind, is to use the default Captivate quiz options of: Correct caption, Failure message, and On Success or Failure, Go to the Next Slide. So the user would select an answer, hit submit, and then click anywhere to continue.

The instructional designer is asking whether it can instead be set up such that when you submit, the Next button is revealed. So the user would select an answer, hit submit, and then click Next to continue.

I am thinking this takes more time because I have to use an Advanced Action to both show the Correct feedback and reveal the Next button. Similarly I would have to use an Advanced Action to both show the Failure feedback and reveal the Next button.

Am I thinking about this correctly? I thought about still using the Correct caption and Failure message options of the Quiz, but then it goes like this: User selects an answer, hits submit, the Correct / Failure caption is displayed (the project pauses for this), the user clicks to continue, the Next button is revealed, the user clicks Next to continue.

Any help toward the right way to think about this would be appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will add a step to the Submit process if you need a Next button, not very user firendly at all.

I have described many tweaking options for quizzes, but if time is important, keep as close as possible to the original design, which is the scenario you mentinoed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources