Highlighted

Which OS works best with Adobe Captivate 2019 (Mac/Win7/Win10)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate 2019 on Mac OS. I consider, the software doesn´t run really stable. A collegue changed therefore and works with Captivate 2019 on Windows. His experience: the software runs more stable. Are there any experiences or suggestions, which of the different operating systems (Mac OS, Windows 7, Windows 10) works best with Captivate 2019?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Which OS works best with Adobe Captivate 2019 (Mac/Win7/Win10)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate 2019 on Mac OS. I consider, the software doesn´t run really stable. A collegue changed therefore and works with Captivate 2019 on Windows. His experience: the software runs more stable. Are there any experiences or suggestions, which of the different operating systems (Mac OS, Windows 7, Windows 10) works best with Captivate 2019?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do see quite a few complaints on this forum from MAC OS users.  They often report Captivate runs very slowly on their systems.  Yet not all MAC users suffer this issue, so I cannot be sure the reason is JUST because they are on a MAC.

Overall though, I would recommend Windows over MAC for stability and speed.  Windows 10 would be the preferred version OS to use, and you should ideally have a good powerful PC with at least 8 GIG of RAM.  An SSD hard drive will make the world of difference in terms of speed as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with Rod about the complaints of Mac users, not sure if it is really due to Captivate or to other causes. I know that the Pooja Jaisingh is using the Mac version in all her webinars, presentations and training. That proves that the Mac version is usable, as lot of Mac users claim not to be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
tabu LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both very much for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group