Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While loop making a short stop ?

Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

So... During my last intervention, I was advised (by our friend Lily) to use the function "while loop" in an advanced action...

So, I've looked into the topic on the net and found a nice example in (our other friend) Paul Wilson's video, making a nice "diaporama" to illustrate this function.

As I work on the rotating earth now, I tried to use this function to make the earth rotating (with 12 different images).

So I put the 12 images in a unique image (called "Terre") with 12 shapes (Called Normal, T2, T3 ... T12)

And in the entering slide conditional advanced action I put :

While 1 == 1

Change state of "Terre" to normal

Delay next action to 0.2 s

Change state of "Terre" to T2

Change state of "Terre" to T3

... ... ...

Change state of "Terre" to T12

It works fine !... (as Paul is a great teacher !...)

But there was a little stop during the rotation when the action restarts... and so my Earth stop rotating for about 1 s before starting rotating again...

I tried to change things in the time-line (reducing the time of the slide to 0,2 s) without any success...

So I was wandering how this could happen ? And by the way how to eliminate this short stop during the while loop action.

PS : I had to make an animated gif with my 12 images to make it work properly (so the problem is already solved for me !... )

Thanks !...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Demandez l'avis de Paul. Ce vidéo n'était pas "inspiré" par un de mes articles....  Je l'aurais mis dans le vidéo que le délai entre deux exécutions du loop est un peu moins d'une seconde.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's just the way this while loop works: repeated execution of the script at an intervall of about 1 second, as long as the While condition is met. No way to change this 1 second interval to anything shorter, as far as I know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers !...

Too bad... I thought I could use a new function of cpt...

Next time for sure it will correspond to my needs !...

Good time with Captivate !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again !...

I come back on my message... (hoping Paul will read it !... )

I just have another opportunity to use the "while" function !...

This time I have 12 images of the Earth, one for each month in order to show the seasonal evolution.

As there is no rotation, I don't care the stop when the loop starts again (In fact it's even better as it's stops in January !...)

So I followed Paul Wilson's video :

Adobe Captivate 2017 - Slideshow Using the WHILE Conditional Action - YouTube

And again it works perfectly !...

But I wanted also to add a button which could stop the slideshow... and another one to restart it !...

So I check on the net, and I find this :

Making the Most of Adobe Captivate 2017’s WHILE Loop - eLearning Brothers

Which was again exactly what I wanted !... (Thank you James !)

But I realized that there was an issue :

When I tried to stop the loop, it goes on until the last command of the while action (until December so) and didn't stop exactly on the click !!...

So after burning my brain, I just change the action in :

"go to next state"

"delay next action" to X seconds

It was so simple !... Simpler in fact than write all the "change of state" !...

And it works perfectly !...

I hope it will help !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my examples about the While loop, I always ue Go to Next State (or to Previous State), new commands that were added to the dropdown list in Advanced Actions (because I have begged a lot to have them maybe?). They are much better for sequential loops. Only when you want to control the state to which it changes you could prefer Change State.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources