• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I get my image to display on posts?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried updating my profile image several times and it displays in my profile, but not on comments/testimonial posts etc.  It's smaller than 8 MB and I've tried it as jpg and png, but it still just shows the white avatar instead of my image.  Any recommendations about what I need to do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

It depends: StagPrime is referring to the profile on the Jive forums. If you are only working from the eLearning Community, there are alot less settings for the profile than in the Jive forums. You can come to this thread in Jive by clicking this URL:

Re: Why can't I get my image to display on posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to edit your communities profile, go to the privacy tab.

Do you have the  profile images set to show for everyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that as an option anywhere.  The only setting I see is for name and I have that set to public.  Where exactly is that setting found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it is that easy, maybe if you created your profile recently. I also have a profile image that is different from the avatar displayed everywhere next to my posts.  In the Adobe Jive forums that avatar appears consistently. In the eLearning Community sometimes my profile photo appears, sometimes my avatar. It doesn't bother me. My Privacy settings are correct, but the avatar was the first image I ever uploaded over 10 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends: StagPrime is referring to the profile on the Jive forums. If you are only working from the eLearning Community, there are alot less settings for the profile than in the Jive forums. You can come to this thread in Jive by clicking this URL:

Re: Why can't I get my image to display on posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a lot more settings over there, thanks; I've added my image as an avatar and it's showing as "pending" so I'll see if that does the trick. Really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources