• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I seem to make a smart shape or highlight box truly transparent to hide text?

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to display paragraphs and bullet points one by one. The best way I can imagine doing this it to place a smart shape the same colour as the backround overtop of the text to hide it and then remove it to reveal text.

The box is set to 100% alpha and It looks good when I working on it in captivate, but when I preview or publish, this box becomes just slightly transparent.

Is this just a bug or am I missing something?

Is there a better way to do paragraph/bullet reveals?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best hack I could come up with is to use a 1px white gif.

Weird thing is that within captivate is sometimes shows this image as transparent on the screen and sometimes not, but it seems to work correctly in the output eith way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always put the text in different text containers, and stagger them on the timeline. Or, but only for SWF output, I use the Masquerade widget from InfoSemantics.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to do something like that in flash for a different reason, but found if I had  to go back a delete a bullet or paragraph later, readjusting each paragraphs y position was really annoying. Adjusting white boxes will be annoying too, but I figure a little less so. We'll see.

Sure wish I could just use a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Masquerade widget is a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only using captivate for html5 support. With every road block I discover, I feel as though it would be easier to just stick with developing in flash proper and figuring out the work arounds for my flash html5 output challenges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I can use 'actions' to change the height of the text box to reveal text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i know this is late in the game, but have you considered instead of changing the text box to use a trigger to change the text itself? I am thinking you could create a state for the text to be white (or whatever your background is) and then use a trigger to change the text to something visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources