• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Captivate 9 always ask to save (when nothing changed).

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times, I'll open a project to reference actions or someone has a question about a slide.

Most of the time, I make zero changes to the file but when closing, it's asks to "Save changes".

I didn't change anything in the file. Nothing. I'll even go back to the 1st slide that I opened the file with, just in case it wanted to save the view state of the slide I was on.

It's rather annoying, but I get it that it doesn't rank high compared to many of the other issues. But... this has been going on since Ver 7, which was released years ago and hoped it would have been fixed by now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it is saving state, as well as any edits.

When you open, the first slide is displayed for editing. If you click to another slide, it sees this as a state change and triggers a 'state is dirty' event which tells captivate the file is in an unsaved state.

It can be annoying, but it's preventing  you from loosing work you may actually want to save.

Also as annoying as it is for advanced users, it's significantly helpful for new users.

Also, it appears to be part of the Adobe programming philosophy, so I doubt you'll see it change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now 2019 and I would also like to see this fixed.  It's not the behavior anyone expects from any other application that edits files.  Most of my Captivate files are complex, over 100MB, and I don't want to update the timestamp when I've only opened a file to view or copy something.  Old bugs combined with new bugs (this week wasted half a day on the SVG HTML5 problems) do not increase my confidence in Captivate or make me want to recommend it to others.  I'd really prefer someone to prioritize bug fixes over new features, if anyone listening here has any influence over that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just the Captivate User Forum.  The people that make the decisions about how the development team spend each year's budget for enhancements don't watch this forum.  I'm sorry to inform you that voicing a complaint here (though quite a valid complaint) won't reach them.  They most likely look at the fact that Captivate still outsells other competitors and are therefore confident that they have been making the right decisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod explained the situation very well.  If you want to be heard, please log bug reports and feature requests. That would be better than complaining in these forums which are almost exclusively visited by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources