• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my slides in the Captivate 2019 HTML Course Slides not Auto Advance?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019. I am creating a course. I added knowledge check slides. On the knowledge check slides I have created "help" buttons. When the help button is clicked it takes the learner to the next slide where they can review the answer. On the review slide is a button that returns them to the previous slide, the knowledge check question. If they answer the question correctly, I have the slide set to skip the review slide and advance to the next knowledge check question.

None of my slides auto advance when I preview it in html and I want them to auto advance except on the ones with the buttons. I suspect the Knowledge check questions are creating the problem, but even if I delete them the problem still exists.

I have checked all my settings. Nothing is different than my other courses. I can't figure out why this is happening.

This is non-responsive course. 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert your screenshots into the post rather than attaching them.  It creates less work for those helping you and we don't usually want to download files for safety reasons.

By default, when you add a button to a slide it has a preset pause point, usually 1.5 seconds from the point it starts on the timeline.  If you DO NOT want that button to pause the timeline, you need to turn off the pausing behaviour.  Have you tried that?  The HELP buttons might be pausing the timeline and preventing the slide from behaving as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rod: Sorry this is not a reply to your answer, but I was not able to post a reply to the original question. They are messing up with the forums again (we were warned) with experiments.

You seem to make it much more complicated than necessary. The screenshots do ont help at all. The Timeline is only a very small part of the complete timeline, you talk about Advanced Actions in the tags, but you show only a small part of the Advanced Interaction panel which has only one Jump to Slide action on a SVG used as button. Quiz Preferences are valid for Knowledge Check slides but not all the Preferences.

Knowledge Check slides have a default set up which is different from normal Quiz slides. Did you edit anything on the setup? When you return to a KC slide it is automatically reset. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources