• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Captivate integrate Amazon Polly

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe planning to connect Amazon Polly in Captivate and / or add more French voice? to offer more voices. There is only one French female voice in Captivate that comes from NeoSpeech and it is not terrible, I ask for more voices from NeoSpeech and the prices are ridiculous. I call NeoSpeech to get a price and there price for me was more then $ 6000 US for 2 voices for one year license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if the Adobe eLearning team is planning on adding to or updating the text to speech technology that comes with Adobe Captivate. However, the good news is that I have a solution for you to start using Amazon Polly for your eLearning today.

1. Sign up for an Amazon AWS account.
  2. Sign in and visit the Amazon Polly service (just search for it from the AWS home page)
  3. Enter your text for each slide.
  4. Choose a voice that is appropriate for your project.
  5. Preview it if needed
  6. Download MP3 file for each slide

Once you have created all your files you can import them on a slide by slide basis into your project with little effort.

Here's a tip. Add extra commas in your sentences to simulate where the speaker would normally take a breath. This will give you a more natural sound.

2018-01-27 12-55-45 PM.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I have no idea if this is an acceptable use of this tool, as far as licensing is concerned. For that, you should check with Amazon AWS.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWS just released Polly for Windows and their blog specifically describes how to use it with Captivate.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/using-amazon-polly-in-windows-applications/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources