• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the 2019 release let you resume a video from where you left off?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to resume a video from where you left off? If I add a video file in a slide and the learner exits the course and comes back later, will the video resume from where it left off? As far as I know, bookmarking only works on the last slide visited. Has anything changed with the 2019 release?

Regards,

Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as far as I know. If you use event video, it plays totally independent of Captivate's control buttons. Or do you use synchronised video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way you can get the bookmarking capabilities to work for you is to place the Slide Video distributed over many slides. This way bookmarking will return the learner to the slide where they left off and therefore the approximate location within the video they were watching.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources