• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrap text in text entry box?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon! I am working on a project where I would like to use a text entry box to obtain user feedback. The problem that I am running in to is that the current settings are not allowing the text within my entry box to appear in a wrap format, which will be needed for lengthy responses. Does anyone know a work around for this issue? I appreciate the help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

You have to check the option 'Show Scrollbar' in the Actions tab for the TEB:

TEBWrap.png

However: the amount of text that can be entered is limited. It used to be 256 characters but is less now.

Alternative is the Scrolling Text Interaction

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to check the option 'Show Scrollbar' in the Actions tab for the TEB:

TEBWrap.png

However: the amount of text that can be entered is limited. It used to be 256 characters but is less now.

Alternative is the Scrolling Text Interaction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri! What an easy fix  In a following slide I am using a box referencing the text entry box as a variable, but the wrap text doesn't seem to be translating over to that page. Any idea why that might be?

computer wrap screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Preview the project (best in Browser or HTML in Browser) because the user variable will only be replaced by its value at runtime. Since you use it for a short answer, maybe have a look at this example where I used a Scrolling Text Interaction:

Custom Short Answer Question - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Show Scrollbar does work BUT it removes the ability to use the Enter key.  I was simulating an Excel document and normal function is to hit Enter to go to the next line but with Show Scrollbar selected, I have to press Ctrl+Enter to submit the text entry box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources