Exit

Wrong slide's audio playing during quiz with advanced answer options

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Captivate 11.5.1.499.

In my project, I have three quiz questions, all using the advanced answer option, so that I can go to slides explaining why a given answer was right or wrong. I'm also using my own navigation buttons. The layout is like this:

Slide 12 - Question 2 (multiple choice)

• If the right option is selected, jump to slide 13
  • If one wrong answer is selected, jump to slide 14
  • If the other wrong answer is selected, jump to slide 15

Slide 13 - Q2 right. After the explanation, a button appears. When clicked, it jumps to Slide 16, which is the next question.

Slide 14 - Q2 wrong 1. After the explanation, a button appears. When clicked, it jumps back to Slide 12, so the learner can try again.

Slide 15 - Q2 wrong 2. After the explanation, a button appears. When clicked, it jumps back to Slide 12, so the learner can try again.

Slide 16 - Question 3

and so on...

On the second question, a weird thing happens when previewing or publishing (HTML5). Using the example above, when I select the correct answer, it correctly jumps to Slide 13, the explanation runs with Slide 13's correct audio, and then the nav button appears. It pauses as it should, but it starts playing the audio attached to Slide 14, even though I haven't left Slide 13. 

If I select the first wrong answer, it correctly jumps to Slide 14, the explanation runs with Slide 14's correct audio, and then the nav button appears. It pauses as it should, but it starts playing the audio attached to Slide 14, even though I haven't left Slide 13. 

If I select the second wrong answer, it correctly jumps to Slide 15, but this issue does NOT occur. (maybe because the next slide has no audio?)

When clicking the nav buttons on any of these slides, they do jump to the correct slides.

I have the same setup for questions 1 and 3, but this issue does NOT occur there. I've checked the question settings and slide settings, and everything is the same. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Make sure there is a slight gap between the audio on each slide and the ends of the timeline.  Do NOT have the slide audio bump up against either end of the end of the timeline.  This can cause audio from one slide to be connected to the audio from the next slide.  Try that and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure there is a slight gap between the audio on each slide and the ends of the timeline.  Do NOT have the slide audio bump up against either end of the end of the timeline.  This can cause audio from one slide to be connected to the audio from the next slide.  Try that and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was it! Thank you! I put about a half second of space on each end and that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod meant this, was not sure you used slide audio:

GapAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources