Highlighted

XAPI for video finished

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am just starting to learn XAPI and have set up my sandbox in scormcloud.
I would like to rapport when a user have watched a video. The video are imported from my computer.
Could any one point me in the direction to where I can find this information.

Thanx

Topics

Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

XAPI for video finished

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am just starting to learn XAPI and have set up my sandbox in scormcloud.
I would like to rapport when a user have watched a video. The video are imported from my computer.
Could any one point me in the direction to where I can find this information.

Thanx

Topics

Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak to xAPI for event videos out of the box, I was so underwhelmed by what Captivate had to offer in the way of xAPI that I wrote my own library to handle all things xAPI wih captivate.  It works well, but I will not promise you it is bug free just yet.......For event videos it will repoort: played, paused, scrubbed, muted, unmuted, adjusted volume and watched.  It also captures context like parent activity, scrub times, pause times and all the nuances xAPI is known for.  xAPI is my passion and wheelhouse, so feel free to reach out regarding it.

You can check out the wrapper and details here: https://github.com/xapicohort/team-captivate-jslibrary

It is still a work a progress, feel free to contact me directly if you need help setting up or configuring.

Haha just reread and edited my many many typos....lesson learned - don't post without your cheaters...hahaha..sux getting old

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is their anything you can't do:)

I will take a look at it and follow up on your offer and reaching out in a PM. U rock man! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group