• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML Reporting (way to remove pop up for name/email or changing standard text whilst still obtaining the XML report)

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to use the reporting to an internal server option that produces an XML at the end of the e-learning which can be analysed for project use, success etc. I'm using Captivate 9.

I have two problems with the option in it's current format -

1) the user is required to add their name and email address and continue before the XML is produced at the end of each project. I can pretty much guarantee that 99% of users will close this screen down upon seeing this and/or not wish to enter their email and all results will be very hit and miss as a result.

My question is:  can this entry box either be added at the very start of the project on maybe the 1st or 2nd slide and is mandatory to continue or, is there a way of disabling it and still obtaining the XML report?

2) If the box mentioned above has to be completed at the end and there are no options here, is there anyway of altering the standard text that appears?

any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have CP9 anymore, make sure to have the most recent version. I never used the Internal server workflow since years, so be careful with my answer, no guarantees.

Your first question is weird: how can you link results to a person if they do not fill in their credentials?

As for the second question: if my memory is correct, the minimum information will be stored in two user variables which are automatically created for each CP-project. Look under Project, Variables: cpQuizInfoStudentID and cpQuizInfoStudentName.

You could try to use that knowledge to ask for an 'ID' and a 'Name' at the start of the course using Text Entry Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources