• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xx is either a reserved keyword or is already assigned to another item.

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a new project based on a previous one. It involves quite a lot of javascript and I am trying to copy an item from one document to the new one.

I keep getting the error message that my desired item name is already in use:

"[my object name] is either a reserved keyword or is already assigned to another item. Provide a different name for the item."

I know that there is no other item in my entire document with that name. Some trial and error showed that simply deleting and repasting an object would already cause the repasted item to be automatically renamed and won't allow the original name anymore.

Of course I could change the name, but that would mean a lot of work to change it everywhere in the code.

Is there any way to "reset" what captivate thinks is already in the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a find and replace (CTRL+F). 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Find and Replace doesn't find anything. It seems to only search for exisiting objects not things that are still listed in some internal list.

I landed up having to change the code in the entire project, took a while but it works now. Still very frustrating. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into a different but similar problem with the naming of question pools. Unlike other objects that warn you right away of a reserved keyword, in this instance, the course just wouldn't run and it was only through trial and error that I discovered it was the names or rather use of special characters in these pools that were causing the problem. It would be nice if there was a clear explanation to some of the warning messages we get. I'm glad you got it fixed. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources