Highlighted

Yellow Triangle Warning Symbol

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody figured out, or know, why this yellow triangle with a black exclamation point is indicating something wrong with my bullet points?Captivate Warning Symbol.PNG

Thank you,

Jason

Well, does your text box look like it is supposed to look now? If so, I don't think it's necessary to separate the points to different captions. Captivate just says that it can't display the current seletion on the bullet point button face, as there's more than one current selection. Nothing to worry about, I guess.

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Yellow Triangle Warning Symbol

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody figured out, or know, why this yellow triangle with a black exclamation point is indicating something wrong with my bullet points?Captivate Warning Symbol.PNG

Thank you,

Jason

Well, does your text box look like it is supposed to look now? If so, I don't think it's necessary to separate the points to different captions. Captivate just says that it can't display the current seletion on the bullet point button face, as there's more than one current selection. Nothing to worry about, I guess.

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a non-usual font 'Benton Sans'. Is this a Websafe or a Typekit font? Does it have a set of glyphs that are used as bullets? I suspect it is font-related. Is this a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can come up if you use different bullet point formats for different paragraphs within one TextCaption/ SmartShape, or if you have 2 or more TextCaptions/ SmartShapes with differrent bullet point settings selected at a time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaanf,

The bullet points are all in one text box. Should I separate the two main points into their own respective text boxes?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaanf,

AAhhhh...there's the answer! The Yellow Triangle with Black Exclamation Point indicates Captivate is unable to display which bullet point is selected in the text box due to multiple types of bullet points being used.

Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch -- also works with ordinals too - say mixing Arabic with Roman numbering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group