• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube video in a web object has a scroll bar

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user in Captivate 2017. Our unit has created a number of short training videos that we are hosting on YouTube. I am trying to figure out the best way to view those videos in a Captivate module. So far I like using the web object to view the YouTube videos within the Captivate training.  However, I have one problem.  No matter what size I make my web object or the size I use in the embed code, I have a vertical scroll bar on the video.  This means that if people want to see the captions at the bottom of the video, they are missing info at the top. OR if they can see the top of the video, they can't see the captions or YouTube play controls at the bottom. See photo below.

scroll bar on web object.PNG

Does anyone have any suggestions about what preference or setting or position information I need to change so I don't have this scroll bar?

Accessibility is important to me, and all our YouTube videos have captions for those who wish to use them. Someone not being able to see the top of the video so that they can see the captions at the bottom is just not acceptable.  So if people don't have suggestions using other objects, I am open to that. Just remember, I am using Captivate 2017, so the new YouTube interaction in 2019 is not available to me.

Thanks,

Laura Shultz

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the Web Object's layer and then look near the bottom of the Properties tab, there's a checkbox there for Scrolling.  Is that selected or deselected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I uncheck that box, it does take away the scroll bar, but that just means I can't scroll down at all to see the bottom of the video. It doesn't change the youtube video to fit into the web object space.

Thanks,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources