Youtube video insert option

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where I'm inserting a Youtube video(interactive video option). Unfortunately, during the inserting process, it stops at 50% and doesn't finish(I've waited for at least 10 minutes). Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Youtube video insert option

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where I'm inserting a Youtube video(interactive video option). Unfortunately, during the inserting process, it stops at 50% and doesn't finish(I've waited for at least 10 minutes). Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd test this out for you but I'm on a beach in Mexico with just an iPad. Try inserting a different video. It's possible that the owner of the YouTube video has prevented their video from being embedded. You can test it with any of my videos. None of them have this restriction. 
HTTPS://YouTube.com/PaulWilsonLearning

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://www.youtube.com/paulwilsonlearning

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paul. I was able to insert one of your videos so there must be some embedding restrictions on the Youtube videos I attempted to insert. Now that I know that, how does one discover if an Youtube video is restricted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing some research on Google, I discovered how to determine if an Youtube video is embed restricted, although some of you already knew this :-). The desired video has an share option. Select that give options which one of them is 'embed'. That reveals the URL and the code. I use that URL in the interactive video in Captivate's Youtube URL. At least it works for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A word of advice - you know the expression it is better to ask forgiveness than permission? I actually think when it comes to using someone else's copyrighted material is better to seek permission even if they've allowed for embedding. For example, I allow embedding so I can post my videos as answers to people's questions here. I also don't mind when someone posts my material to sincerely help others. About two years ago someone had organised a couple dozen of my videos into part of a course they were charging money for. I might have agreed to it if they had asked permission and agreed to share in the revenue, but they didn't do that. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://www.youtube.com/paulwilsonlearning

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0